Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Furnishing the Willowcrest

My Willowcrest has been sitting vacant for quite some time. I got the itch to play the other night. I have almost all of my minis boxed up in the spare room, so finding the right furniture can take a little time. Sometimes it wants to be old fashioned, sometimes it wants to be current.

The bathroom was easy.  I have a resin set with flowers that matches the wallpaper so well.  I added a desk that I repainted ages ago and my mom put the Robin Betterley medicine chest on top like a hutch. Why didn't I think of that? It was a cute little change, but now I need a different mirror for the sink!



I filled up the bedroom. I had to put the rose bed in.  I dressed the bed and embroidered the tiny pillow. It was my first attempt at embroidery from about 10 years ago. The furniture is mostly House of Miniatures kits that I assembled and finished in my spare time back in college.


A few things moved around, trying to find the right spot.  These two pieces from Oldham Studios went in the attic for a little while.


I had to play in the kitchen,especially since breakfast was already being served in the dining room!


It was fun to just play in my own dollhouse for a change. I'm getting little bored with Haley's Barbie condo and the limited Barbie-size furnishings and decor!  I like pink, but I can only handle so much of it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! How nice that you got to play with your doll's house for a change! I use to collect Barbie's back in the 60's 70's. I was all about the Barbie's then, but then I really got seriously into miniatures in the mid 70's and Barbie was abandoned. I still have a couple in storage though waiting for any grand-babies that might eventually be interested. Why do you have all of your furnishings in boxes, Jenny? And by the way, how is your son enjoying the log cabin? Is he still using it for his super heros? :)

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth! I have Barbies saved from my childhood and Haley plays with them all the time. And the cabin is still loaded with Lego characters, tiny skateboards, and a skate park. I guess it's the cool place!

      Delete
  2. I have always loved the Willowcrest even though I have never built one. I like what you are doing with this one. The bathroom is delightful!
    Cheers,
    Iris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iris! Thanks for the feedback. I think I need to unpack a few more little things to make it feel homey, but it's an improvement over being empty!

      Delete